JR Richards and Sons
The name Richards has been synonymous with the Waste Management Industry for more than eighty years. In 1932, the original JJ Richards set up his business and commenced contracting in the Tweed area of northern New South Wales as JJ Richards & Sons. This firm still operates today and is one of the largest in the industry with major contracts in nearly all capital cities as well as many regional sites.
In 1958 a member of the original company, JR (Joe) Richards started his own company, JR Richards & Sons at Tuncurry which today operates widely throughout New South Wales. The company currently contracts to over twenty different Councils, serving large regional centres such as Taree, Port Macquarie, Grafton, Parkes, Dubbo and Orange. Overall the Company employs over 450 people with a fleet in excess of 250 heavy vehicles used in operations.